The cost to rename a Jacksonville, Florida high school from Nathan Bedford Forrest High School to Westside Senior High is slated to cost taxpayers $350,000 according to ActionNewsJax.com. In a cowardly move, the Duval County School Board voted unanimously to change the name last December and at the same time promised to use “Its own funds” or donated funds to provide for the name change. As if it’s own funds weren’t provided by taxpayers in the first place. The community and past alumni of the school were overwhelmingly against the name change.
Here we are again folks! The cost for this particular round of groveling before the almighty altar of political correctness is North of a quarter million dollars. That money is being wasted in order to change the name of a school that is linked to a proud and courageous individual such as Nathan Bedford Forrest to one that has no personality or heritage other than a geographical descriptor. It is only fair that every school in Duval county that is named after a person whether they be black, white, or purple also be changed. There is also a Robert E. Lee High School in Duval county and I can only assume that will be the next one on the chopping block to
have a new name forced upon it. This is just another example of the ongoing war against any attempt to recognize or respect anything Confederate. The erasure of our history and heritage marches on and if we don’t stand up against this tide of political correctness within a generation or two there will be absolutely nothing left. Please call or write the Duval School Board to let them know you are against the name change for Nathan Bedford Forrest High School and the egregious waste of taxpayer dollars that will be used to accomplish it!
Duval School Board – Contact Info
- District 1 – Cheryl Grymes| firstname.lastname@example.org – (904) 390-2371
- District 2 – Fred “Fel” Lee | email@example.com – (904) 390-2386
- District 3 – Ashley Smith Juarez| firstname.lastname@example.org – (904) 390-2239
- District 4 – Paula D. Wright| email@example.com – (904) 390-2374
- District 5 – Connie Hall | firstname.lastname@example.org- (904) 390-2375
- District 6 – Becki Couch | email@example.com – (904) 390-2373
- District 7 – Jason Fischer | firstname.lastname@example.org – (904) 390-2372